From speaking with our customers,
we know there are a variety of concerns when it comes to using air
conditioner covers to protect A/C units. These are some of the big ones
Moisture and Humidity
Without proper ventilation, a cover on your air conditioner can cause
moisture and condensation to build up, leading to rusting and damage.
Our Covermates™ air conditioner covers have built-in vents that keep
wetness from building up, prolonging the life of your A/C. These vents
also have flaps over them to keep rain, snow, and blowing debris from
Many covers are made with a one size fits all design, but we know
that's not always the case, especially with electrical and refrigeration
lines. To take care of this, our covers have Velcro openings that
extend the full height of the cover, letting you create your own opening
for any lines and keeping the rest of the cover together. We also
include adjustable straps on the back panel of the cover so you can clip
and cinch it tightly to your A/C unit every time.
A cover that doesn't stay tight around the bottom can be prone to
ballooning or even blowing off completely. Though it's more of a
concern in windy parts of the country, it can happen any time the breeze
picks up. We take care of that by sewing an elastic band in the bottom
of each cover so it wraps securely around your air conditioner and
doesn't start blowing in the wind.
By using our Covermates™ Air Conditioner Covers with your A/C unit, you'll protect the housing and internal parts from:
- Excessive moisture from rain, sleet, snow, ice, and humidity, which can cause
- Falling leaves, sticks, dust, dirt, and other flying debris, which can affect your
- Fading from the sun's UV rays, which can make your A/C appear old and
most of our outdoor covers, there are 3 material types to choose from.
How do you know which one's for you? Read below and find out!
- Made from PVC vinyl - our heaviest covers
- - More naturally waterproof than other materials, making it well-suited for wet
- - Many customers prefer the bolder look of vinyl covers
- - 2-year warranty
- Made from lightweight polyester - easy to put on and take off
- Specially treated to repel moisture
- Variety of colors lets it blend in with any outdoor decor
- 3-year warranty
- Made from solution-dyed polyester - our most premium cover
- 2X more water resistant than Elite covers
- Elastic band and straps keeps cover on in all weather conditions
- 7-year warranty
of which material and color is right for you, we know you'll find it
here in our collection of square and rectangular air conditioner covers
at The Cover Store. Simply select from the subcategories above and you'll be
on your way to having your A/C unit well taken care of all year long!