How to Measure > Table + Table/Chair Set Covers
Measuring for patio table covers is easy with just a little preparation. Follow these steps to ensure a proper fit for your cover:
Dia = Diameter - found by measuring from one side of the table across to the opposite side.
W = Width - found by measuring the longest side of the table.
D = Depth - found by measuring the side adjacent to the W side.
H = Height (sometimes called drop) - determined by measuring from the top of the table to the ground.
Dia = Diameter - determined by measuring from one chair back across the table and chair set to the opposite chair back.
W = Width - obtained by measuring the longest side of the set from chair back across the table to the opposite chair back.
D = Depth - found by measuring the side adjacent to W from chair back across the table to opposite chair back.
H = Height (sometimes called drop) - found by measuring from the top of the chair back to the ground.
- Round covers fit nicely over octagon and hexagon shaped furniture.
- Round table and chair set covers may also fit square table and chair sets as they become more rounded with the chairs pushed underneath.
- Oval table and chair set covers may also fit rectangular table and chair sets as they become more rounded with the chairs pushed underneath.
- Chairs can be strategically placed around a table to get the best fit for a table and chair set cover. For example, a cover will fit a rectangular table with 4 chairs better if the chairs are positioned in each corner of the table.
- Having a problem with what we refer to as the "bowl effect"? The bowl effect is a cover that sags in the middle of the table and collects water. This happens because the chairs around the perimeter of the table are taller than the table, so the cover drops towards the middle of the table. There are two ways to prevent this from happening:
- Place a large object such as a flower pot, bucket, beach ball, etc. on the table underneath the cover to form a raised area that will create valleys, allowing the water to flow off the table and onto the ground.
- In lieu of purchasing a table and chair cover, purchase a cover for the table and separate covers for each of the chairs around the table.