From hanging ornaments to opening gifts, the tree is the center of many holiday festivities. Let your artificial Christmas tree bring you and your family holiday cheer for years to come by finding a protective storage solution.
Why You Need a Christmas Tree Storage Bag
The Original Cardboard Box is Not Strong Enough
You might think the original cardboard box your tree comes in will keep your tree safe throughout the year. But it is not. Hauling a cardboard box in and out of its storage space will weaken it and cause it to become damaged over time. Cardboard also attracts bugs and may become damp with mildew, damaging the tree inside.
Plastic Storage Bins and Trash Bags Can Damage Your Tree
Once the original cardboard box breaks down, many people will either store their tree in a plastic storage bin or trash bags. Plastic storage bins are often not large enough to fit your tree, and trash bags do not provide complete protection. The tree’s branches can easily poke through the plastic letting in dirt, water, and bugs.
Christmas Tree Storage Bags Make Storage Easy and Convenient
It is easier to store a bagged tree in limited space because it takes up less room than an over-sized box. Our Christmas tree storage bags are also easier to transport because they come with sturdy handles and wheels. In some situations, you can buy a bag that is large enough to put the tree away without disassembling it.
Tips on Picking the Right Christmas Tree Storage Bag
- Consider where you will store the tree and how much space you have. This will help you decide if you need an upright bag or a bag that lays on the floor.
- Measure your tree's circumference, height, and length of longest section (if your tree has separate pieces).
- Choose a bag that is large enough to hold the tree but not too large to allow for shifting. If there is extra room in the bag, fill it with garlands so it is snug.
- Think about what type of bag you will need to comfortably transport and store the tree. Consider investing in a set of bags if you have a large tree that breaks into several pieces.
- Decide what other features you want the bag to have such as wheels or standing upright.
- If no storage bag with your exact dimensions exists, choose one that is slightly larger in circumference and height. The bag needs to be at least as deep and tall as the collapsed girth of the tree. If your tree has multiple pieces, you may need to choose a bag with a greater depth and height to allow for overlapping of pieces.
How to Measure Your Tree to Choose the Right Size Storage Bag
Before throwing away the box your Christmas tree comes in, make a note of the tree dimensions. If you forgot to do this, don’t panic! Measuring your Christmas tree is easy.
- Height: Measure the height of the tree while it is standing.
- Length of Longest Section: Measure the length of the longest section when the tree is dissembled.
- Girth or Circumference when Standing: Measure around the tree while it is standing and branches are displayed outwards.
- Girth or Circumference when Taken Apart: Measure around the tree when the branches are either taken off or collapsed.
Different Types of Christmas Tree Storage Bags
Cinch bags come in different sizes, so you can a fit 7.5 to 11 foot tree. Easy to carry, these bags have two study straps. Two additional straps secure the tree branches. These bags also come with a large sewn-in zipper pocket inside the bag for extra storage.
If you want the strongest protection for your tree, invest in a structured bag. Corrugated plastic panels and padding in the walls of the bag give your tree the best protection when being transported and stored. The sturdy D-shaped handles make it easy to transport.
Available for cinch and structured bags, rolling bags make it easy for you to move your tree from its storage space to the living room. The three sturdy wheels make it easy to move the tree where it needs to go.
Choose a small, medium, large, or extra-large duffel bag to store your tree. Especially useful for storing 3-section Christmas trees, these bags come with reinforced carrying straps and an interior pocket for extra storage.
Do you get frustrated every holiday season when you have to assemble and disassemble your Christmas tree? Upright storage bags solve this problem. Simply pull the bag over your tree and you’re done!
Check out all our Christmas tree storage bags to stay organized this holiday season.
Other Holiday Storage Boxes
Protect your other holiday décor in sturdy storage boxes and bags.
- Ornament storage boxes: Soft, foam dividers keep each ornament safely in place. Pull out trays to safely transport ornaments to the tree.
- Wreath storage: Your wreath can easily poke out of large plastic trash bags and get crushed in cardboard boxes. These storage bags ensure that your wreath is protected from dust and grime so it can last for years to come.
- Gift wrap organizer: Know the location of all your decorating supplies so wrapping your presents is a breeze.
- Christmas tree light storage: Keep your Christmas tree lights from getting tangled with these storage sets so you can seamlessly set up your tree and outdoor decorations.