General Cleaning Instructions
Always read the label or check with the manufacturer of your cover to ensure you clean it properly. Not all vehicle covers are made of the same material, so some may require different care instructions.
If you plan on machine washing your cover, you should always use one without a center agitator, unless the manufacturer states otherwise.
If you don’t know whether your cover is machine-washable, choosing to wash by hand is the safest option. Plus, you can leave your cover on your vehicle while you hand-wash it, making this method quick and easy.
Never use fabric softener or bleach when cleaning your cover. Do not iron your cover or put it in the dryer (unless manufacturer states otherwise). Extra-large covers should be washed in large commercial front-load machines. Do not attempt to cram a large cover into a smaller machine, as the machine won’t be able to spin correctly and the water may not drain.
Please note: Covermates vehicle covers should always be washed by hand.
How To Machine Wash Your Cover
- Use ¼ cup of gentle laundry detergent.
- Wash cover on delicate or gentle cycle under low or medium heat.
- Set the machine to rinse twice to ensure detergent is completely removed.
- Air dry only (unless manufacturer states otherwise) and use a towel to dry any areas where moisture is still present.
How To Hand Wash Your Cover
- Leave your cover on your vehicle or lay it on a flat surface.
- Mix one ounce of mild dish soap or gentle laundry detergent with one gallon of warm water.
- Using a sponge, scrub soapy water onto the cover. Use a bristle brush for any tough stains.
- Allow the cover to air dry, and use a towel to dry any areas where moisture is still present.
Dustop, Block-It 380, Reflect’tect, and Noah Cleaning Instructions
These covers can be washed in a commercial or large front-loading machine with no agitator. Use cold water with mild laundry or dish soap. Prior to adding soap, dilute 1/4 cup of cleaner in 1 cup of water. These covers are air dry only.
Form-Fit, Ultra’tect, Sunbrella, and WeatherShield HP & HD Cleaning Instructions
These covers can be washed in any large top or front-loading machine, with or without an agitator. Use warm water and mild powder laundry detergent. Disolve the powder prior to adding it to the machine. These covers can be machine dried at medium heat.
How to Fold Your Vehicle Cover
For easy storage, fold your cover as you are taking it off of your car.
- Begin removing the cover at either end of the vehicle, carefully pulling it outward while avoiding any sharp edges.
- Allow the cover to lie across the surface of your vehicle from front to back. If your cover has any moisture on it, let it to dry before folding.
- Lift and fold each side of the cover (lengthwise, one at a time) inward toward the center axis of the cover. This should form a piece approximately two feet wide.
- After both sides are folded in, start at the rear and roll the cover over the roof and onto the hood.
- As you roll your cover up, continue pulling in the sides of the cover to create a more compact roll, similar to a sleeping bag.
- Use a storage bag for your cover. Be sure the cover is completely dry before storage.